Below is a list of special activities held during the year. If you are interested in involving your child, or are interested in helping, please let me know.
Class Masses: Each class in the Religious Education Program has the opportunity to plan and be involved in a 9:00 Sunday Mass. The children are responsible for the readings, petitions, and Offertory Procession. This is a unique experience for the students.
Open House: In November, your child’s teacher, opens his or her classroom door for you to visit. You will be able to see your child’s class “in action.”
Catechetical Sunday/Meet the Teacher Morning:
On the 3rd Sunday in September all parents and children are invited to help us celebrate the beginning of our new year at the 9:00 a.m. Mass in Immaculate Heart of Mary Church where our Catechists are commissioned to teach our children about their faith. Immediately following Mass, everyone is invited into the school for our “Meet the Teacher” morning. Your child’s teacher will be in the school to meet the parents of their children and to explain their goals and expectations for the year.
Retreats: Primarily takes place in the Sacramental years. Please see the Sacramental Programs for more information.
Penance Services: During the year the students in Grades 3-8 have the opportunity to attend a special penance service in Immaculate Heart of Mary Church. All students and parents are encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities to receive the grace that this very special Sacrament gives.
Advent Workshop: is a one-day workshop for those students in Grades K-5 who are interested in making a special something for Advent and Christmas. Activities vary.
Service Collections: During the year, different organizations ask us to help them with a collection of various things. Some of the collections we are involved with include:
• Thanksgiving Collection: We ask each class to bring in certain canned and dry items and grocery store gift cards for turkey for the poor.
• Operation Cornerstone: The students are asked to bring in specific items and cards for the service men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• Midnight Run “When I Was Cold Week”: During the month of February, we ask the students to bring in warm coats, gloves, hats, blankets for the homeless.
• Baby Shower: In conjunction with the Respect Life Committee, we hold a baby shower during our May Crowning to help various pregnancy care centers in the area.
• Christmas Pageant: The 4th grades host a very special Christmas Pageant given to the other grades during class time.